Thursday, May 7, 2009

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Friends are for life.

Thanks to Arathi, I am now enlightened I can take this medium to talk about and remmeber my dearest friends who have been with me, whenever I needed them and, whenever I thought I did not need them ;) were there with their suggestions.

I have a lot of my friends, whom I need to thank, and will make sure I write an interesting memory with them in the coming posts, but for now...this is the one...

I remeber this incident when I think of my two friends Shafeeq and Deepa, who were my neighbours as well. Not as in living next door, but yes I could see their doors from my house, so I can say they were more than mentioning, staying closeby and less than being actual neighbours!

Deepa and I were from the same class during intermidiate and graduation. Shafeeq was from an other college, but we were all doing our MPC(Maths, Physics and Chemistry).

We did have pretty good competition amongst ourselves and our ego did not let us score lesser than the other.

Now the incident:

Shafeeq would study relegiously on his terrace everyday. He was more fond of studying under the street lights, especially during power cuts,(just for the reason that famous men had once done that in the pre-independent India era;) , sorry for revealing u, Shafeeq, but this is what u told me and I remember it well )

I could see the light on his terrace from my study room and would continue to study for some extra time after the lights are switched off, so that I could complete much more than he did, everyday and could ultimately score more than him. This is also to insure myelf against the risk that he might go inside and study further.

One day I studied till 2 o clock in the night, competing but the lights on his terrace were still on.

I had no clue what had gone wrong and why he was studying for this long. We had no mobiles those days to message and check.

So, after 2, finally I decided to give up for that day and advise him not to study for such long hours, when I next see him.

Early in the morning, I checked with Deepa as to why he continued studying for so long.

Unfortunately, the reason was that, he went down pretty early, had forgotten that he had to switch off the lights!!!!

Damn it!!!



1 comment: