Thursday, March 5, 2009

Smile Please

I am elated, on cloud 9; sometimes I am, and then I search for the real reason behind it. The reason sometimes unveils and with it my happiness gradually moves into oblivion. Same is the case with my sorrows. So this time, I will be happy and enjoy being in that state of mind rather than search for a reason.

Reason reveals only for  the state to be concealed.

I seriously presume there is no reason at all, its just that I am happy. But as write these lines, I remember two days back I was very furious and the after effects stayed on for almost till today, so when that feeling went pallid, my mind harmonised itself with the environment and I feel a sense of peace with myself. 

A smile is a curve that sets things straight. :)

Well very true , as I was walking past the bus stop, I saw a middle aged lady running for the bus, I smiled at her and she returned the same. I wonder if that smile made me happy. I wonder if she would have felt relieved during that tensed up run upto the bus. Most probably, she would have smiled even though she had missed the bus(luckily she didnt), for a smile stays for a long time in mind. 

I have the unusual habit of smiling at strangers, not everyone though. At times I dont raise my head and look to sides. I am in a world of my own and fail to observe the world around me. Today, in the temple, I did smile at one more stranger, a young girl and then wondered why I had smiled. She resembled a friend of mine. Sometimes we feel we know them, though we actually not. We smile at them, sometimes when the similarities are prominent, we end up talking to them and a new freindship blossoms.

It was Prakash's marriage yesterday and he married another friend of mine. I spoke to them and wished them. I missed the wedding, but I was still present invisibly. My team told me so, when I called them, that all of them did remember and miss me. This made me happy. I also spoke to another very dear sensitive friend after a long time,  I did not see her online for a few days in a row and it is not usual for it to happen. So I  am probably happy because I spoke to a lot of my friends today.

Smile which happens without our realisation and comes spontaneously definitely brings happiness. It stays for long too. 

I went ahead and spread my happiness to a few of my online friends. I pinged them and told them that I am feeling happy and I didnt know the reason. They were also very happy about this. May be they imagined my happiness and did also smile and feel happy when I wrote to them(I did not check, but felt so from the further conversations).

A conversation with one of my friend:

Friend: "So, what are you doing since you are very happy today?"

When someone asks me about doing something, I hate it, for I thought I was happy because I had nothing to do, and since I want to be happy, I want to continue doing nothing [:D]

Me:"I am happy because I didnt have to do anything today, and I dont want to do anything to continue being happy".

another friend asked to remain in this state always.

And then to continue to be in this spellbound state, which has occured after a very long time, I went for a walk, sat in the park, watched the green trees, dark clouds, breathed in - the cool breeze.

However happiness lies in work, in indulgence, in being mesmerised in doing the work.

“Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder…”– Thoreau

Quite true too.

So, I thought Ill enchant this magical spell to Harish too.

Idea??

What else than to cook a delicious dinner was the spontaneous thought.

I prepared mooli & methi parathas in ghee, spiced up with my happiness. (was being postponed for a long time due to my laziness)

I have tasted them, they are yummy and relishious too....

I can top up with an icecream and chocolate too to move to the higher clouds, why stop at 9.

Let my mind cheer up my taste buds too...

Bharathi just told me the side dish for parathas...Kothimeer or Pudina chutney.
I tried them both together. 
Jumped into the mixie jar kothimeer, pudina, grated coconut, tamarind, garlic, salt, green chilli and water.

Jumped out the yummy greeny chutney

2 comments:

  1. This brings a smile on my face.. i dont need to say anything more...

    ReplyDelete